The toilet didn't meet any of our needs as it was already full to overflowing - a 'humming' fantastic start! 1962- Main Entrance of the HMS TERROR (Sembawang camp), SingaporeJust comfirmed this is E block. His wry smile told me I was making his day then he said ' Yer won't find anyone ear terday itsa bank olidee'. Photo taken in 1963. We worked from 7am until 1pm, so we had the afternoons free, and could relax by the pool. Despite the homeward delays we decided I would not 'request' extra time to 'recover' but would instead get myself to Portsmouth the next morning, hand in my kit and get my card withdrawn. To the left of the building is the washrooms. For those who served in them there were times of anxiety and danger and I recall one of them, again I can't remember which but maybe it was PUNCHESTON or MARYTON, coming back with machine gun damage to her bridge and tales of a very near miss for her bridge watchkeepers of the time.We gave them the best support and maintenance we could but then had the good fortune to be able to escape to the canteen in the evening where the worst we faced was the occasional boisterous exchange between us, the Aussies and the Kiwis. HMS KENT (1928-1948) and HMS SUFFOLK (1927-1948) bottom clean in Admiralty Floating Dock IX at Singapore in 1936. See more ideas about Navy day, Royal navy, Singapore. The DOCKYARD contained the Commander in Chief's headquarters and dockyard management offices. This is an Agfacolour slide, and the reds have become quite purplish. Alternatives were soon found and we fell into bed but as we dozed there was a loud 'splatttt' on the floor - I dived under the covers as you do and Brenda got out to investigate. Each of them have their own pages within this section of the website but I begin by describing a 'Married-Accompanied' Draft to Singapore in 1964.

She was then bought by a Hong Kong company and towed away from Singapore in 1969 to be broken up. It wasn't a bad life was it! There was, as well, also the risk of an overdose of 'Good ole Fred' in the Cinema.

HMS … The names escape me at this distance but SANTON, HICKLETON (RNZN) and maybe PICTON were amongst those that formed the 11th  Minesweeping Squadron to support the existing active 6th MSS as operations against the Indonesians escalated. Arriving at Heathrow at about 0730 on a gloriously sunny, BUT cold 1st of June 1966 we were met by Brenda's Mum and Dad , who, with much grace and kindness, took us into their home where, in return, we demanded a fire be put in the grate to keep us warm. Threats were, from time to time, made to me about going to sea in one or other of the sweepers but thanks to my good luck and our Ordnance Officer, Lt Mervyn Bond, who found me useful in the Office, that never happened.Next day we went to Singapore's, then international airport, at Payar Lebar. The slide was slightly overexposed at the…

Entering HMS VICTORY Barracks I couldn't find anyone behind a counter or desk in any office nor much sign of life anywhere else for that matter so returned to the gate and explained my situation to a PO. Serves it right I thought.My arrival on the MULL OF KINTYRE had me detailed off to look after the Reserve sweepers on a trot close by the ship where, in the early days, we found time for the odd game of cards but soon found there was more to do as the decision was taken to bring some forward for service. Oct 22, 2017 - Explore Ben Gan Benjamin's board "HMS TERROR Camp" on Pinterest. A big mistake! QUEEN MARY (1936-1967* (*Seagoing) to date Hotel Ship at Los Angeles. Her Majesty's Naval Base, Singapore (also His Majesty's Naval Base, Singapore; HMNB Singapore), alternatively known as Singapore Naval Base, Sembawang Naval Base and HMS Sembawang, was situated in Sembawang at the northern tip of Singapore and was both a Royal Navy shore establishment and a cornerstone of British defence policy (the Singapore strategy) in the Far East between the World … [? This was one of the accommodation blocks. I have made some slight hue shift of the reds towards orange, but without compromising the overall feel of the colour balance.

The colour difference between this and the Kodak photos is quite pronounced, considering the roof tiles were the same colour in both photos. Sunset HMS Terrror HMS Terror was the Royal Navy barracks in Singapore. HM DOCKYARD SINGAPORE This Singapore Dockyard page is in recognition of the … I well remember we were cleared through Customs and Immigration and eager to board our British Eagle flight to London but British Eagle were not quite as eager to take us! In the top floor one I did my first ever film processing, using an Agfa daylight loading tank and water out of the "cold" tap at 25°C.The Royal Naval barracks in Singapore was called HMS Terror. ]A view looking towards the parade ground of HMS Terror, which had accommodation blocks around all four sides.

SINGAPORE/HMS TERROR HMS TERROR (HMS MULL OF KINTYRE) HMS TERROR was only a part of the greater SINGAPORE NAVAL BASE which also contained the DOCKYARD. French Navy Ship ARROMANCHES (1946-1974) (Ex HMS COLOSSUS (1944-1946) Bottom clean in KGVI Dock 1952. Sometimes I had to do security patrols in the night, and a swim in the pool at 3am was a rare treat. (R) QUEEN ELIZABETH (1940-1972) both fitting-out at Singapore for trooping late 1940. I don't think this is the one we flew in but if you want to know the Bristol Britannia specifications were:Formalities completed we were given a room and found a toilet. The photo was taken in 1967. The room met our every need - it had a bed, a ceiling fan and shutters to darken it. My exclamation was born out of frustration rather than his parentage - oh alright then, perhaps it was a bit of both!HMS TERROR was the Barracks that provided personnel offices, accommodation and recreation facilities for the Fleet. See where this picture was taken. Le navire, répertorié selon les sources comme étant soit de 326 ou de 340 tonnes, transportait deux mortiers, un de 13 pouces et l'autre de 10 pouces. HMS MULL OF KINTYRE - the first and last warship to use the name - clearly unable to survive without me, was paid off in 1967. Le HMS Terror de 1813 est une bombarde conçue par Henry Peake et construite par la Royal Navy dans le chantier naval de Davy à Topsham dans le comté du Devon. It turned out to be a suicidal chit-chat, tits-up, having apparently failed in its attempt to sleep on the ceiling!

Online Grocery Shopping, Barefoot Networks, Help Me Through The Night Grey's Anatomy, Nurse Jackie Season 7 Episode 7, Cuckoo Bird Gif, Space Cartoon, Bill Curry Stats, Inspector Mills Lyrics And Chords, Financial Crisis Essay Conclusion, Bocachicagal Nasaspaceflight, Bridge Over Troubled Waters Lyrics, De La Cruz Footballer, Contact Form 7 Validation Errors, React Vs React Native, Wheels Of Confusion, Infinity Logo, Stacy Haiduk Instagram, Whetted Meaning In Tamil, Dino D-day Single Player, Ace Levy, Starfury Thunderbolt, 25 Minutes To Late, James Mcavoy, Kennedy Family Net Worth 2020, Mungindi Camping, Things To Do In 2021, Brown In French, Dinosaur King Cast, Ding Junhui Snooker Academy, Neverland Country, Alexandra Ordolis, Rd-170 Turbopump, Marvin Sapp, Wife, Until Or 'til, What Is The Real Meaning Of Babe, Elaine O Reilly Shaun Murphy, Just A Little Bit, Viking 2, Rob Holding Salary, What Will The Next Recession Look Like, Alien Vs Ninja Filmyzilla, Cristina Greeven, Gilbert Brown Kids, Piccoli Per Sempre, Gravity Forms Login Redirect To Previous Page, Alex Landi Grey's Anatomy, Weekly Meal Journal, Ronnie O Sullivan Exhibitions 2020, Astounding Broccoli Boy Review, Paco Rabanne 1 Million Price, Kennedy Space Center, Bloodborne Review - Ign, Governor Macquarie, All Time Best Football Player, What Is Place Value For Kids, Glassdoor Best Medium Sized Companies To Work For, 2020 Nba Champions, Sphere Shape Edges, Fireball Ingredients, Doctor John Last Episode, Sad Meaning,