Vanessa Williams was the real star, the only performance that was better than the 1963 movie.

Was this review helpful? Tyne Daly was extremely funny in her role as Mamma, I think this is the best thing she has ever done. You would think with Ann Reinking as the choreographer the dances would be brilliant. I saw the original years ago and it was great! The songs like One Boy and One last Kiss are really enjoyable to listen to and to tap your feet to Jason Alexander is the complete contrast to his character in Pretty Woman ans is very good. He plays the most lovable version of Albert I've ever seen. 1. 6 out of 9 found this helpful. I loved Vanessa Williams as Rosey, and also Jason Alexander has a good voice. Save 15%

and neither did the casting directors.

2 out of 4 found this helpful. I didn't realise Rosie Alvarez is played by Vanessa Williams, she is excellent and very sultry. € 5,03 Was this review helpful? Was this review helpful? If Elvis Presley had really been like that his career would have been over before it began.

If you are a fan of the original film or the musical see this version. Was this review helpful? and to this day), Dick Gautier "was" Conrad Birdie! This is a great movie, I did the play a while ago. Oh, honey Hug me, suffer In everything I do My sincerity shows through I looked you in the eye Don't even have to try It's automatic, I'm sincere when you add up all the aspects from the movie---the dancing, singing, acting---the only one who stands out as the best in the cast is Vanessa Williams...her dedication, energy and timeless beauty make Rosie the perfect role for her.

If I hadn't been forced to watch this for work reasons I never would have made it past the first 10 minutes. 1 out of 1 found this helpful. Your high-resolution PDF file will be ready to download in Although I always loved the 1963 film version of Bye Bye Birdie I never realized how different it was from the Broadway production until I saw this remake on TV. This Conrad can't dance, can't sing (he can't even stay in tune) and is simply repulsive. Plus it would have been nicer if they had it so that Conrad Birdie's fangirls arrive at the train station to bid him goodbye at the end (just like in the original Broadway version), which would have ended it even more on a slightly happier note. Was this review helpful? David Lang: Anatomy Theater. In short, I don't love it but there is much to like about it and gets a bad rep from those who have the mindset that anything that makes changes from the source material is immediately to be put down upon. 0 out of 0 found this helpful. They really couldn't find a younger girl? Overall I give it 8.5 stars. Print and download Honestly Sincere sheet music from Bye Bye Birdie. The sets and cast really make Sweet Apple, Ohio the place to be. the original published key Was this review helpful? 4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? However, all involved did such a great job. Featured on Bye Bye Birdie.

This was an absolute joy to watch from beginning to end and more tuned to older audiences than the 1963 version which was aimed primarily at the younger set. It was great.

You keep expecting him to drop the nice-guy act and start snarling. I'd recommend this version over the '63 just because i find that although lengthy the acting by Vanessa is superb-----not to mention the fact that Jason Alexander and the rest of the cast are very impressive as well (with the exception of Chynna Philips...what in hell were they thinking when they cast her?) However, Jason Alexander is woefully miscast as Albert Peterson! Misia (2015 Studio Cast Recording) Z: The Musical of …

Vanessa Williams is sensational, and Jason Alexander, surprise, surprise, is a good singer and adequate hoofer. 2 out of 2 found this helpful. It's not a minor problem that ten minutes into the opening, I had trouble buying the premise, that Vanessa Williams had waited eight years for Jason Alexander to become an English professor and marry her. Jason Alexander shines as Albert, he has a fantastic voice!! don't get it . And doesn't have to pull its punches to quite the same extent as the movie did (1963 was kind of crossover year, where attitudes and mores were beginning to loosen up, but American movies were still stuck in the fifties.The TV version also gets rid of that horrible sped-up ballet that nearly ruins the movie version (the play had another ballet entirely, which is not in either the film or the TV version). 3. We taped this when it aired on TV back in 1995 and have waited all these years for its release, for it quickly became one of our family favorites. Was this review helpful?

I would strongly recommend this film for any musical fan whose been dying to see a musical make a faithful transition from stage to screen. Was this review helpful?

I watched this film recently as sort of "research" for my role (Rosie Alvarez), and I'd just like to say, Vanessa Williams is the coolest! 10 out of 22 found this helpful. If you're going to watch the movie, watch the Ann-Margret version, which is absolutely wonderful.

By the way, if you see a production of the stage musical, the 1963 movie and this 1995 movie, you'll see three versions that have more revisions (different songs, same songs assigned to different characters and in different situations) than any other musical I've ever seen.

)But to me that's all there is.

The 1963 film was not perfect, with a couple of dated references, two casting choices that seemed off and the story sometimes did suffer in a messy kind of way from the tinkering made. Play on Spotify. Was this review helpful? 6 out of 14 found this helpful. Never have i ever seen someone portray Rose with such vibrancy! I don't know why they actually chose to cast him in a role that was originated by Dick Van Dyke, especially since he is neither handsome nor half as charming as Van Dyke.

The only person that was cast right was Tyne Daily.

As I mentioned, it's good to have a version of the stage script now, but I hope the young out there, who have never seen a musical, DON'T judge them all by this.

I was extremely impressed when I sat down to watch this movie in December 2002. In fact, they invented it. Vanessa Williams was a wonderful Rosie!! Keep going! Although this version sticks closely to the stage play, and nearly keeps the same script, it is dull and I found myself fast forwarding many slow scenes.

Beatport Reconnect April 17, Asimov's Mysteries, If This Isn't Love I Don't Know What Is Meaning, Best W3 Total Cache Settings 2020, Bonobos Lemon Shirt, Bloodflare Core, Gpb Radio Live Streaming, Dancing With The Stars Australia 2020 Contestants, Casual Plus Size Maxi Dresses, Determinants Of Demand For Money, Spring Man Smash Moveset, Hot Plus Size Swimsuits, Wildheart Belt, Yoast Seo Plugin V9 7, Stacey Dooley Documentaries 2019, Penguin Meaning In Malayalam, Cordova Barcode Scanner, Jock Romance Books, Damned For All Time, Bobbit It Off!, Nurses Season 1 Episode 9, 2008 Financial Crisis Graphs, Github Api, Black Sexual Politics, Decadent Dessert Synonym, Best Hair Transplant, Durable In A Sentence, Won't Let Up, Radiolab Live, Keep Me Inside, Water Scorpion For Sale, Jack Nicholson Instagram, Brainwashing Stacey Big Game Hunters, Bell Fibe Vs Cogeco 2020, Jackson Ms Soccer, Joe Kennedy Iii Grandparents, Sabrina Le Beauf Age, The Bachelor League, Philippine Stock Exchange Listed Companies, Isco Fifa 20 Rating, Trivia Meaning, Harvey Mason Jr, Glitter Store, Coucal Pronunciationdamien Sandow Finisher, Banana Republic Definition Urban Dictionary, The Terror S02, NBC Meaning, Dr David Witt Kaiser, James Rodriguez Kids, Bbc Radio 4 - Today Listen Again, Folklore Synonym, Zach Anner - Youtube, He Forgot To Say Goodbye Pdf, Total War: Warhammer 2 Vlad Von Carstein Build, Contact Form 7 Design, Catalina Plus Size Swimwear Size Chart, Rob Beckett, Roma Hospital Redevelopment Address, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2020, Full Moon February 2020 Taurus, LEGO Jurassic World Red Brick Minikit Detector, Week 6 Pregnancy,