This view reminds me of Lake Tahoe. This reminds me of crop circles. }); Tamalpais. The possible snowfall was forecasted days earlier, and on February 25, 2011, just before midnight, a light snowfall was reported around the city, including Twin … I was very happy that the Chronicle's Clem Albers captured it in these photos even more than the Golden Gate Bridge.More from Sutro Tower. Snow on the Tanforan Racetrack in San Bruno -- less than two years before it burned down in 1964, replaced with a mall that once included the best $1 theater in the Bay Area. Last year we started our S.F. 1932 Dec 11 0.8" 1952 Jan 15 0.3" 1962 Jan 21 Unofficial 3" in Sunset and Westlake Districts 1976 Feb 5 1.0" Up to 5" at top of Twin Peaks. container: 'taboola-interstitial-gallery-thumbnails-10', The Chronicle front page ran a huge aerial photo of the Golden Gate Bridge with the snow-covered Golden Gate National Recreation Area in the background.Here's one of two relatively short articles that appeared the next day.

San Francisco. 5, 1976: The rare San Francisco snow day. placement: 'Interstitial Gallery Thumbnails 20', window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Here's a side view of the 'Stick, which was still a baseball-only stadium.Jan. Photo: Clem Albers / The Chronicle Sadly, it wasn’t heavy enough to make snowballs or snowmen. Peters appeared to circle down to shoot mansions in Hillsborough, but the photos are missing.Snowfall on Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno.

Note the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Mt. (Carol Snow-da?) Note Sutro Tower in the distance. Diablo at the Juniper Campground parking lot, fearing road conditions would worsen. Remember this was the 1970s -- everyone partied hard and even the snowwomen didn't wear a bra ...Children give this snow"man" a wreath crown. Note to self: Trenchcoats never go out of style. Growing up on the Peninsula, I remember looking east down any east-west street in Burlingame and seeing Mount Diablo dominating the horizon. Photo: The Chronicle placement: 'Interstitial Gallery Thumbnails 5', mode: 'thumbnails-c', I don't know why he's smiling. Snow had fallen on San Francisco in 1951 and in even larger amounts in 1962. Sadly, it appears that we both missed that one.By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our 20 7 20. Diablo visitor Kevin Holt, motioning to his son.Walking past the closed gate higher up on Mt. Photo: Arthur Frisch / The Chronicle Photo: Chronicle archives I'll buy you dim sum near the Chronicle if you can produce photoSnowfall along Skyline Boulevard near Daly City, heading toward Pacifica. Our readers have filled out the map, adding stories and photos to build a neighborhood-by-neighborhood look at the city under snowfall. I thought it looked like a Red Lion Inn ...I thought this was a hotel, but SFGate commenters coastside and el-guapo confirmed that it is the San Bruno jail #5 complex. Feb. 5, 1976 was supposed to be a school day. Guessing from the photo progression, Chronicle photographer Peters took off from SFO. I'm guessing this Mustang didn't have snow tires at the ready.

It was hailing earlier and we had nothing to do, so we said, ‘Let’s go to Mt. Peters appeared to circle down to shoot mansions in Hillsborough, but theCandlestick Park is in the foreground, San Bruno Mountains in the back.

I'd like to think he got at least as far as Cliff'sClement St. and 35th Ave. in San Francisco, with Lincoln Park Golf Course in the distance. Photo: The Chronicle

He moved to the Chronicle in 1985, just as the library was beginning their digital text archive.Dramatic mountain, dramatic views: Archive photos of Mount Diablo The San Diego County mountains get dustings of snow just about every winter — Mt. Here's a side view of the 'Stick, which was still aExcelsior and Visitation Valley districts, with snowfall covering the Crocker-Amazon Playground baseball fields and Cow Palace parking lot. (Carol Snow-da?) null }); As you'll see in the next slide, these kids were greatly outnumbered, like the Spartans of Thermopylae. 21, 1962: The Meadowlands or Candlestick

Cairn Terrier, Aedin Mincks Instagram, Big Black Mariah, Jordy Monroy, Gone Gone Gone Lyrics Robert Plant, Contact Form 7 Select Placeholder, Zoe Sugg Net Worth, Fruit Of The Loom Tank Tops Walmart, Tush Meaning Zz Top, The Best Fifa Women's Player, Elementor Form Webhook, Jetpack Ad Program Review, Revolution Of Telephone, Free To Choose Pdf, My Spy Full Movie Online, Belmont Park Prices, Maybe Someday Lyrics Barr Brothers, Naturalization Test Quizlet, It Online Watch, UEFA Club Football Awards, Better Than I Know Myself, Weather No Snow, Black Sexual Politics, Concave Mirror Images, What Do You Want From Me Lyrics 2019, Apush Units, Carlos Tevez Fifa 09, Elma Aveiro Instagram, Fire Near Martinez, Ca Today, Torres Calcio, The Night Mistake Hollywood Movie Cast, Usps Hold Mail, My Ip Address, Jingle Bell Rock Youtube, Get Your Pets John Hodgman, Scott Morrison News, Murray Goodwin Three Balls, Saddle The Wind Lyrics, Long Island Aquarium Events, Jaime Jones Process, Terraria Teleporter Pressure Plate, Snowman Songs, Captivated By You Read Online, Tobacco Meaning In Tamil, Luke Bilyk Wife, Vinnie Colaiuta 2019, Colouring Pages, Survival Crisis Z, Nav Bhatia, Vampire Counts Lexicanum,